Wednesday, December 4, 2013

On Saftey, Super Volcanos, Technology, and Interesting Friends

My Gratitudes for Today, Dec. 4th, 2013

I'm grateful for my safety today. I saw a lot of calamity today: firetrucks in my neighborhood on my way to work-- firetrucks and paramedics racing down the interstate on my way home from work. My heart goes out to whoever suffered loss today-- where ever they may be-- while at the same time, I value the safety I have enjoyed today. One never knows how long we get to keep it.

I'm grateful for the fact that a super volcano hasn't blown it's top, changed our weather, and caused famine across a huge portion of the world. Not that it won't happen in my life time-- nonetheless, I'm grateful to not have experienced that so far within my lifetime.

I'm grateful for the level of technology we get to enjoy, regardless of the problems and ethical dilemmas technology sometimes brings with it.

I'm grateful for friends who stir and challenge my curiosity with interesting musings.


Positive Event from the Last 24 Hours

I got a chance to post again-- and on top of that, schedule a post for this coming up Friday. I feel like I'm getting more of my time back again now that my wife is about to graduate. Awesome! I'm also happy for her, too.

--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment