Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Daily Gratitudes Promote Happiness

My Daily Gratitudes: 08/21/2013

I'm grateful that we completed a project that was given to us yesterday, due Monday by the time our boss gets back into town-- but we completed it and showed it to him today before he even left town. Nice.

I'm grateful that my back seems to be at 100% despite the fact that I've kept exercising all along the way to my recovery. I think the newer stretches that I learned about have helped tremendously.

I'm grateful for the news my daughter had today: She's earned an A average in math so far-- last year, we thought math was going to keep her held back! I'm proud of her.

I'm grateful that when I'm in a less than happy mood, writing out my list of gratitudes for the day actually starts to make me feel better.

* * *

Positive Event from the Past 24 Hours:

Today on NPR, I heard a blurb about how too many studies are being done to compare diets against each other. The interview asked why that was the opinion of the guest on the show. I already knew the answer:

Any diet can work.

So, why the obesity issues across the whole nation, then?

I already knew that answer, too:

No diet works if you don't stick to it.

And I already knew the guest's next point-- now we need to study human behavior and find out how to get people to stick with the program.

And I think I've already found the answer to that: Change Anything.

That blurb on the radio really confirmed a lot for me. I'm glad I read that book!
--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment