Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Stress and Happiness

My Daily Gratitude: 08/06/2013

I'm grateful for the way exercise can alleviate stress.

I'm grateful that today wasn't any worse than it could have been.

I'm grateful for the resilience of the human will.

* * *

Positive Event from the Past 24 Hours:

Embracing happiness wasn't easy today. School is starting for the kids and my wife is finishing up a really stressful class. The difficulty level of our schedule as a family seems to double when school starts and thinking about it gets me down a bit.

Having gotten that off my chest-- a positive thing that happened today was that I had a few really in depth, interesting conversations with two co-workers. I got a few complements today on my helpfulness for various sources and I exercised today despite all the reasons not to do so.

And as it seems to be the case, I sometimes don't feel like posting these things when I log in, but by the time I'm finished-- I find myself feeling a little bit better. This stuff might really work.
--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment