Thursday, August 1, 2013

Happy Just to be Alive

My Daily Gratitudes: 08/01/2013

I'm grateful for being able to get my wife's car to work again. It was just an old battery. I got it tested, bought a new one, and installed it in the battery tray. I bolted it down, attached the terminals-- voilĂ , it cranks!

I'm grateful to have had the experience of a super fresh, wonderful cup of coffee today from a new coffee shop that just opened up. The building had the promise of opening soon, but was always vacant. My daughter pointed out there were finally some people inside as I passed by. How thoughtful of her to point it out as we passed by!

I'm grateful for our exercise machine. It has made squeezing in my workouts into my schedule so much easier. I worried it would become a coat hanger, but so far it has been essential to my weight loss goals and my happiness experiment.

* * *

Positive Event from the Past 24 Hours

Just having a good laugh today with family and friends. Feeling lighthearted enough to act silly and generate laughter. Sometimes stress dampens our ability to just enjoy life and laugh. On several occasions today, I laughed and made others laugh while riding around town trying to get everything I needed to replace the car battery-- and that has made the day much, much better. That feeling of lightheartedness made me glad just to be alive.
--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment