Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Could Be Worse: Gratitude in the Face of Adversity

My Daily Gratitudes: 07/31/2013

I'm grateful that today is payday.

I'm grateful that my wife's car isn't any worse off than it is. It wouldn't start today-- but I think I've narrowed it down to an old battery. I'll take that over the alternative being something like the alternator, water pump, or oh . . . I dunno . . . a locked up engine.

I'm grateful for being able to eat lunch with my wife today. Since we had to ride together today, lunch just felt like the right thing to do. The time together was nice.

* * *

Positive Event from the past 24 Hours:

I had a good work day today. I got a lot done and I was in the zone some today. I felt like I was "rockn' an' rollin' all day. Another positive thing is that I've determined to exercise after I post. Yeah, it's late, but I had to troubleshoot the car, feed the kids, and give my wife time to study. I really want to just crash-- but I gotta keep up the habit of working out. I've determined to do it tonight-- and I think in the long run that's a positive thing.
--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment