Friday, July 5, 2013

I Still Have All My Fingers

My Daily Gratitudes -- 07/05/2013

I'm grateful that last night, my hand didn't get blown off, even though the grenade style smoke bomb exploded in my hand.

I'm grateful that nobody got hurt when my son put one of the bombs in the tube upside down and the report exploded inside the tube, on the street. We witnessed a beautiful display as the colorful, luminous sparks of light arced across the street and danced on the asphalt. Um . . . yeah, that was a bit dangerous, too. I think my fireworks career is over now. Like I said . . . I'm grateful nobody got hurt.

I'm grateful for my family and the time we were able to spend together this weekend. It's nice to do things like help them build Lego sets or just sit around and chat with my wife. We don't do that enough sometimes.


***

Positive event from the last 24 hours:

The advantage of working out is that you get extra energy. So, I actually felt like edging and mowing the lawn and trimming the bushes. I didn't like it exactly, but I feel good that I had the energy to do it.

I also used sandpaper to smooth out the bottom of our door because it was sticking whenever we tried to open it. That was a good feeling to see the results and finally get the door to open smoothly. I think my wife liked it, too. I have a feeling she's going to thank me later for that-- if I don't screw up too much before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment