Saturday, July 6, 2013

Pancakes and Family Time

My Daily Gratitudes -- 07/06/2013

I recently saw a picture of Martin Luther King, Jr. that I had never seen before. He was pulling the remains of a burnt cross out of his yard. I'm grateful for the sacrifice of such men and women and that today, I'm not familiar with the feeling of pulling burnt crosses out of my front yard.

I'm grateful for the fact that although my body kept telling me today was Sunday, it's really Saturday. Four day weekends rock! Woot! Woot!

I'm grateful that I have the means to go to a movie with my family and feel safe and we enjoy it together. My wife and kids are connected quite well most of the time. I'm thankful for that.

Damn the diet; I'm thankful that my wife made us pancakes today. I'm convinced that pancakes, warm cookies and milk, and fresh, warm, homemade cake is good for you-- at least, now and then, anyway. Not every day, of course!

***

Positive event from the last 24 hours:

I really enjoyed going out to the park with my family today. We had lots of fun together. My kids and my wife road their bikes and I walked around. We played around out on the soccer fields then let the kids play out on the playground.

After that, we visited my mother-in-law and my sister-in-law. We had a good time just talking and joking. My wife hinted that her sister was feeling really down before our visit. She thinks we really cheered her up. Awesome!

My wife told me earlier in the day that getting out of the house was something she needed to do today, but all she had accomplished was laying around in the bed and watching movies on-line. So, I put forth effort and coxed her to get up and go to the park today. All that I just mentioned was the result and we all benefited from it; Today was a good day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment