Thursday, July 11, 2013

Safely Home and Aurora Lights on Other Worlds

My Daily Gratitudes: 07/11/2013

I'm grateful that I completed my main task on my to-do list today. The completion was urgent and required the help of several people. I'm grateful also for their cooperativeness, which made the prospect of completing this task a success.

I'm grateful that things are "normal" for me today. I thought of moments like when we had hurricane Katrina roll though where I live some time back and we had long lines for grocery and gasoline for our cars, no power, and no end in sight. I thought of that today when listening to how things are in Egypt lately. Things look slightly better it seems, since their president was ousted, but still not fully functional over there.

I'm grateful that my family came home safely today. They came home late; it made me think on what life would be like if today, something bad had happened to them. I'm glad no such thing happened today.

***

Positive Event from the Last 24 Hours:

For a few seconds, I soaked in a photo of Saturn's aurora lights at one of it's poles taken by a probe. The image fills me with wonder and awe. I can't explain why, but I feel fully engaged when I think about how Saturn has aurora lights just like here on Earth. Neat-o.

--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment