Thursday, July 25, 2013

Quiet Time, Invaluable Tutalage, and Friendly Teleamarketers

My Daily Gratitude: 07/25/2013

I'm grateful for that quiet time after the office has cleared out and only two or three people are hanging around to work late. While I don't like staying late after work, that seems to be the most quiet time of the day.

I'm grateful the past RedHat training and local mentors that have helped honed my troubleshooting skills over the years. Someone came to me with a really confusing problem today. I could clearly see how all that learning from my past mentors and training paid off when I was able to quickly and easily find the solution. Good teachers are golden!

I'm grateful that my back is feeling even better today than yesterday. I'm not 100%, but I feel close. The temporary rest from exercise and the stretching has been extremely helpful. I hope to get back on my routine this weekend because I think my back will be fine by then.

* * *

Positive Event from the Past 24 Hours:

A sales person called me today. While I was genuinely interested in their pitch, I couldn't talk. Rather than badger me over the phone, they politely agreed to call me back later.

When later came, the phone rang. I almost didn't answer . . . but I remembered how easy going they were and that I did request that they call back. I answered and they were very pleasant. I really appreciated that. I'm not one to hang up on people, so I have a hard time when someone calls me and gets aggressive with me over the phone trying to sell something.

Like my mom always told me-- you'll catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

I know, I know. We're not trying to catch flies. But, you get the point.
--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment