Monday, July 8, 2013

Mommy

My Daily Gratitudes: 07/08/2013

Today, I realized I'm grateful that I live in a nation with a stable government (as compared to Egypt).

I'm grateful that my mom is still living and I got to have one more moment with her today.

I'm grateful that I had the opportunity to show myself useful at work today. A co-worker had trouble making a serial connection to a Unix server. It wasn't really any fault of his, but I knew my laptop could do it trouble-free. I zipped over to the data center and helped out. The feeling you get from showing yourself competent and helpful is wonderful; I'm grateful for that.

***

Positive Event from the past 24 hours:

I spent time with my mom today. I told her about all the things I'm learning about happiness. We talked about movies and old times. I love my mother deeply, but I sometimes have trouble showing her affection. So, today I determined to give her a hug. To which she responded-- Oooh, I haven't gotten one of those in a while! I think that lifted her spirits. If you haven't done so in a while-- give a loved-one or your loyal pet a hug or a warm pat on the back. Bond. It starts to work wonders.


No comments:

Post a Comment