Sunday, July 14, 2013

Date Night Looks Possible Tonight

My Daily Gratitudes: 07/14/2013

I'm grateful that my children are safe. I reflect upon the high profile case that involved the State of Florida against George Zimmerman and I think about my family's safety. I imagine a lot of moms hugged their children tight last night and silently wished that their children never end up in such a terrible situation. My heart goes out to both families involved in that case. All around, it was a very unfortunate chain of events. I hope some positive social change comes out of that event. The first step is to remember that no person or group is exempt from the need for deep, self examination. After we do that, the members of all racial groups need to work to discontinue stereotyping each other-- and themselves as well.

I'm grateful that I was able to get up before the afternoon again. I got up around 10:00 AM. Not as good as yesterday, but way better than what I normally do. And to top it off-- I had forgotten to take my melatonin on time. So, I had to skip it. That makes getting up a 10:00 AM a bit more impressive.

I'm grateful that my mom will keep the kids tonight so my wife and I can catch a movie. Thanks, mom!

* * *

Positive Event from the last 24 hours:

I got my kids to put away their laundry and I got caught up on the dishes. I also got my workout done early in the day and I've got chill time until we get ready to go to the movies. I guess I can take the kids out somewhere in the meanwhile . . . just to get them out of the house walking around.

--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment