Saturday, July 13, 2013

A DSPD Sufferer Rises Early and Wins Some Quiet Time with Spouse

My Daily Gratitudes: 07/13/2013

I'm grateful that I was out of bed by 08:30. For me-- on a Saturday-- that's a great accomplishment. Melatonin rocks. (if you actually get around to taking the stuff . . .)

I'm grateful that my wife went to the store today and offered to cook breakfast. She works at least as hard as I do plus school, so we're very fortunate that she's so willing to put the energy in fixing the family hot meals.

I'm also grateful that my wife seems to be doing really well in her accounting class. She seems to like it some, too. I'm happy about that.

Positive Event from the last 24 hours:

Two things so far-- I'm enjoying looking out my window at the green grass and realizing that I don't have to cut it this weekend. I did that last week. It looks so nice and neat.

I enjoyed spending time with my wife this morning. Before the kids woke up, we had some time together. Kids are wonderful, but they really do take up that alone time you were used to having with your mate before kids come along. Something as simple as a short conversation is a challenge when kids are around. So, to have a quiet moment to talk uninterrupted for a bit was really nice.
--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment