Friday, July 26, 2013

Happy SysAdmin Day

My Daily Gratitudes: 07/26/2013

I'm grateful to have a stable job.

I'm grateful for great co-workers who have great ideas and don't mind sharing them with me and working together with me.

I'm grateful that someone saw the benefit of having a SysAdmin day. Sure, nobody really celebrates it in my locality, but reflecting on this self-imposed holiday makes me feel good about myself and what I do for a living. I've come to realize that being a SysAdmin is something important even though it can be thankless at times. However, the job is not always thankless and I feel like I do get to help people in this field (more than one might think). I have developed competency in this field and I can do it well now (I wasn't aways good at it). Now, I've grown to enjoy being one and I really enjoy this career. I'm happy and grateful that I fell into this line of work-- it's not what I ever set out to be after college.

* * *

Positive Event from the Past 24 Hours:

I had a few moments to just sit back and enjoy quite tranquility after the office cleared out. I like quite.

--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment