Sunday, July 28, 2013

Relaxing, Purple Circles

My Daily Gratitudes: 07/28/2013

I'm grateful that my wife found a new hobby that seems to make her feel relaxed. She's working on a craft where she's stitching purple, paper circles together in a stream-- a dot garland. They're very beautiful and I think she really enjoys doing it. She seems to have found an activity that gives her a sense of flow or that puts her in the zone. Studies show that people who often engage in activities that produce a state of flow are happier than people who don't get to experience flow as often. More about that in a future post . . .

I'm grateful for the overall, relaxing evening I got to enjoy today.

I'm grateful that I had time to work on some future posts for this blog.

I'm really grateful that today my laundry only consisted of two small loads! Awesome!

* * *

Positive Event from the Past 24 hours:

Though my back isn't 100%, I was able to do my cardiovascular exercises today. My back is more, or less the same since exercising. I'm glad about that. And . . . my son mowed the front lawn and did a nice job.

And I got to sit on the couch.  Heh, heh . . .
--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment