Saturday, August 3, 2013

Gratitude Alleviates Sour Moods

My Daily Gratitudes: 08/03/2013

I'm grateful that my daughter kept her composure when she realized we couldn't make it to the mall today (as promised) so she could buy that bear she saved up for. She responded with a great amount of maturity when considering how excited she was before her letdown. We're going to make sure we take her tomorrow.

I'm grateful for having my mom to help us out when we get blindsided by unexpected financial issues.

I'm grateful that I finally found the time to get my technical difficulties behind me from yesterday.

* * *
Positive Event from the Past 24 Hours:

I'd have to say the most positive thing is posting this blog. I was actually in a bit of a sour mood (going through all your bills and and fiscal "gotchas" can be a bit of a downer). The act of thinking about what you're grateful for and documenting it seems to gradual lift the mood. I needed that.

Oh, and I found some new car insurance since my last policy provider (of over 15 years) dropped me.
--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment