Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wonderful Communities

My Daily Gratitudes: 08/28/2013

I'm grateful for the Open Source community that had developed in the world of computing. Without this community, much of the computing activities that we take for granted wouldn't be so easily accessible or possible, even.

I'm grateful for the people who gave rise to the wealth of historical events that brought the civil rights efforts in the 1960s largely to fruition. Sure, our nation isn't as free as it should be and not all people enjoy liberty to the same extent as others . . . but I'm sure glad we've at least made it this far.

I'm grateful the Learn to Play Go series by Janice Kim. I'm a beginner and the game seems so fun, but intimidating at the same time-- sort of like a roller coaster you want to ride, but you're afraid of it at the same time. So far, her work has made Go less frightening and more alluring for me.

* * *

Positive Event from the Past 24 Hours:

In a calm manner, I made a grievance known. Why is that positive? Because, I generally don't make grievances known. And by the time I finally do, I tend to get really upset. This time, I dealt with the issue before getting upset, rather than letting my fear turn into hate, which turns into anger-- which leads . . . well, you know where.
--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment