Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

My Daily Gratitudes: 08/20/2013

I'm grateful for the dinner my wife cooked tonight. It was fabulous.

I'm grateful that I was able to make it through my workout. I endured.

I'm grateful that my daughter is really getting better in math. Wow! She really amazed me with how well she did her homework tonight!

* * *

Positive Event from the Past 24 Hours:

I got to hear an interview from John Lewis on National Public Radio today. He reminded us that the March on Washington 50 years ago wasn't only about civil rights of African-Americans. Be reminded that if any group in the US can have their civil liberties squelched, then yours could very well be next. It was inspiring to hear that the fight for liberty for African-Americans is really only the beginning of a larger fight for true liberty in a so-called free country.

I was truly inspired by that sentiment.
--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment