Monday, August 19, 2013

Wipe Out

My Daily Gratitudes: 08/19/2013

I'm grateful that my sister-in-law's wedding is finally done and was a happy occasion overall. Her wedding is also the reason why I haven't posted for a few days. Rehearsal, wedding, photos, cleanup-- all had me wiped out!

I'm grateful for the opportunity to witness my son and daughter do something well and make me feel proud.

I'm grateful for (and to) my wife for shuttling the kids around and getting them up early in the mornings for school. I suck at that-- she takes up my slack with so much grace.

* * *

Positive Event from the Past 24 Hours:

This is actually from the past 48 hours or so . . . but it was a really nice thing to see my mom dressed so beautifully at the wedding. I also reflect on how my wife stepped up and helped take charge when no one asked-- she just saw that it needed to be done and played a major role in the wedding turning out to be really nice. And I also enjoyed watching my daughter and son play their role. During rehearsal, things weren't looking so good. But, at the wedding, they both played their roles beautifully and really made me feel proud.

And lastly-- we finally got some much needed rest yesterday.

Time to sign-off and get to my workout, and get ready for tomorrow.
--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment