Thursday, August 15, 2013

Restoration, Preservation, and Loss

My Daily Gratitudes: 08/15/2013

I'm grateful that today was payday. Man . . .

I'm grateful that today I still have my mom. My mom's childhood friend lost her husband a few days ago. That loss really underscored how precious the time is that remains with my mom.

I'm grateful for how well my daughter's tutoring is going.

I'm grateful that my children are at home, safe.

* * *

Positive Event from the Past 24 Hours:

I got a lot of work done today . . . meaning, I fixed some things. I get a big emotional boost out of fixing something because I don't generally see myself as a "fix-it" kind of guy. Regardless, I enjoy it.
--
If you haven't already done so, I invite you to read my main title post in order to better understand the purpose behind this blog. In that post, you'll find links to three TED Talks that could really impact your life in a positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment